What is meant by the term “DevOps”?
DevOps is a term consisting of a combination of words; development and operations. The term generally refers to processes involving people and tools working together mostly in software development firms. The common goal is to make productivity faster and more efficient. For this, it uses technology and tools of automation to increase productivity and also improvement in its scale.
How to choose a suitable DevOps tool?
When opting to use a DevOps tool, one needs to be careful about the terms of their applications. Firstly, one needs to analyze the process involved in the job and then determine the tools necessary for utilization.
Some processes involved in choosing the suitable tool are: –
- Planning: – It involves collection of ideas, preparing methods, brain-storming and discussions towards achieving a common goal.
- Collaboration: – It involves the division of tasks amongst the suitable individuals and then their complete integration.
- Building: – It consist of processes like programming, designing and development of the type of software that is to be built.
- Operation: – After building the software, the next stage is testing whether the programs work perfectly or not. The software is operated and errors are reported that are fixed immediately.
- Deployment: – After all of the stages are completed, the software is deployed for the public to utilize.
Best DevOps software available across various platforms. They can be listed below: –
- Docker: – One of the best available software for developmental purposes available. Being platform independent, it provides smooth operations and security backups like cloud-access, automated app deployment and also legacy applications.
- Gradle: – It acts as building tool that lets user to code in C/C++, JAVA or Python or any other programming languages. It is supported by NetBeans, Eclipse and Intelij IDEA. This software is also used by Google’s Android Studio officials. It has a fast and an efficient working environment.
- Puppet enterprise: – Mostly used in large projects for configurational and automated infrastructural management. It also manages multiple coding units and several other resources. It is integrated with major DevOps tools and several modules. Its key features include accessibility control, real-time details and node management.
How effective are these applications?
These applications are suitable for every type of individual or organizations. From small firms including beginner level developers to advanced large scale firms with developer expertise can use this software at their fullest to fulfill their requirements. With easier access to the features and other options available, the development process becomes more efficient and easier. You can find more devops and security tools here